Uganda Ebola Outbreak Situation Report #12
Global Crisis Management Report
Uganda Ebola Outbreak Situation Report #12 (January 3rd)
· The government of Uganda is reporting the following as of January 2nd:
o There have been 142 confirmed cases.
o There are now 55 fatalities.
o A total of 19 healthcare workers were infected and seven died.
o There are zero active contacts and 4,793 contacts have completed the 21-days monitoring period.
o 87 people have recovered.
o January 2nd marked 108 days since the start of the outbreak and 36 days since the last confirmed case was verified.
· There are plans being assembled to demobilize response activities in the affected parts of the country.
· A total of 16,333 individuals were screened at nine Points of Entry.
· On December 22nd, the World Health Organization (WHO) handed over 4,160 additional doses of two candidate vaccines:
o These vaccines were produced by Oxford and Merck pharmaceutical companies.
o They will be used in the clinical trials led by the Lung Institute.
· On December 21st, the Uganda Ministry of Health conducted training for 58 health workers from eight health districts on infection prevention and control and contact tracing.
· Uganda Ebola Virus Disease Situation Report No 86
· Uganda Ministry of Health Twitter Page
· WHO Uganda Twitter Page