Moroccan Earthquake Situation Report #3
· Search and rescue efforts remain ongoing in the affected areas. An additional 30 ambulances have been dispatched to the affected areas.
· As of September 11th, there are now 2,862 fatalities and 2,562 people injured.
· Healthcare Update:
o The Moroccan government has deployed 2,500 healthcare workers.
o The earthquake has caused significant damage to the healthcare infrastructure, with hospitals and clinics unable to function due to structural damage.
· Damage Assessment:
o A complete damage assessment is not yet available, but the Moroccan Red Crescent Society is reporting that at least 329 buildings were affected in 25 communities.
o The Ministry of National Education reported that 530 educational institutions and 55 boarding institutions were damaged.
· Moroccan Red Crescent Society (MCRS) Update:
o MCRS is providing the following services in the affected areas:
ü Evacuation assistance
ü First aid
ü Emergency medical transports
ü Fatality management
ü Psychological support
o A total of 230 volunteers and 60 paramedics have been deployed.
· International Assistance:
o Search and rescue teams from the United Kingdom, Spain and Qatar have been deployed.
o On September 9th, the U.S. Agency for International Development has deployed a team to the region.
o The Qatar Red Crescent has allocated $274,600 to the MCRS.
o The European Union has released one million Euros in humanitarian aid. This funding aims to support the relief efforts carried out by humanitarian partners in the country.
· Morocco Earthquake – Flash Update #3, As of 11 September 2023
· Morocco Earthquake 2023, DREF Operation n° MDRMA010
· Earthquake: Major Transport Logistics Put in Place to Ensure Rapid Response, Says Health Minister
· Moroccan Government Twitter Page
· OCHA MENA Twitter Page
· IFRC MENA Twitter Page
· World Monuments Fund Twitter Page
· UNESCO Twitter Page
· Copernicus EMS Twitter Page
· Center for International Disaster Information Twitter Page
· Center for Disaster Philanthropy Twitter Page
Moroccan Government, Monetary Donations Website (New)
Center for International Disaster Information, Monetary Donations (New)
Center for Disaster Philanthropy, How to help Morocco’s earthquake survivors (New)
Copernicus EMS, Earthquake in Marrakesh-Safi Region, Morocco (New)
Morocco | 6.8 M Earthquake of 8 September - DG ECHO Daily Map | 11/09/2023 (New)
UNITAR, 6.8 Earthquake Web Map