Lewiston, ME Mass Shooting Situation Report #2
· There are currently 18 fatalities and 13 people were injured:
o A total of eight victims have been identified.
o The names of the victims are not available currently due to ongoing next-of-kin notifications.
o A reunification center remains open at Auburn Middle School.
· An arrest warrant for eight murders has been issued for Robert Card. He is still considered armed and dangerous:
o Currently there are over 350 law enforcement personnel involved in the search for this suspect.
o A shelter-in-place order is in effect for Lewiston, Lisbon and Bowdoin.
· The suspect opened fired at the Spare Time Recreation and the Schemengees Bar and Grille Restaurant in Lewiston.
· The New Hampshire State Police (NHSP) is providing the following resources to Lewiston:
o A Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT) is assisting the Maine State Police SWAT team with ground searches.
o Detectives from the Major Crime Unit are assisting investigators.
o The New Hampshire Information and Analysis Center is assisting by sharing information among local, State and Federal partners.
o The NHSP helicopter and members of the Special Enforcement Unit are providing air support to the ongoing ground searches.
o Staff from the Peer Support Unit are providing mental health and wellness services to those involved in this incident.
· The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has deployed an Evidence Response Team to assist in processing the crime scenes. FBI victim specialists are also supporting families and survivors of the shootings.
· City of Lewiston Facebook Page
· Lewiston Police Department Facebook Page
· Maine Emergency Management Agency Twitter Page
· 211 Maine Twitter Page
· Maine State Police Facebook Page
· New Hampshire State Police Twitter Page
· FBI Boston Twitter Page
· ATF Boston Twitter Page
Maine Department of Health and Human Services, Behavioral Health Resources for Those Affected by the Violence in Lewiston
National Alliance on Mental Illness Maine, Crisis Resources